Registration of a Natural Person – Entrepreneur (non-resident) in Ukraine
A Natural Person (Entrepreneur), hereinafter referred to as ‘NPE’, is the most common and accessible organizational form to conduct entrepreneurial activity due to the simplicity of its organization, bookkeeping and tax accounting and reporting, and the ability to use hired labor etc.
In order to register a NPE, it is required to address the Department of State Registration of Legal Persons and Natural Persons (Entrepreneurs) at the corresponding office of the registered business address with the following documents:
- a passport of a natural person (either resident or non-resident);
- an individual tax number certificate;
- completed registration form for the state registration of NPE;
- a receipt certifying payment of the state due;
- a power of attorney and a passport of a representative (if the documents are submitted by an authorized person).
After the state registration of a NPE, the state registering clerk shall issue to an applicant an extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Persons and Natural Persons (Entrepreneurs) and forward records to the State Tax Inspection and Pension Fund authorities.
If necessary, a seal of NPE can be manufactured. For this purpose it is necessary to address a company which specializes in manufacturing seals and stamps, a process that can take less than one day. In order for a seal to be manufactured, it is required to submit:
- a written application;
- a copy of the extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Persons and Natural Persons (Entrepreneurs);
- a copy of power of attorney (if a seal is ordered by an authorized person);
- a passport (a copy of a passport) of a person submitting an application.
- Certificate of registration with the State Tax Inspection authorities (Certificate form 4-OPP);
- Certificate of registration of the Unified Social Payment’s payer.
Upon receipt of the aforementioned documents, it is necessary to make notary cards of the director’s signature. In order to open a current account in bank establishments in Ukraine it is necessary for a NPE to address the institution with all available documents confirming state registration, registration with the State Tax Inspection Authorities and the Pension Fund, and the two-original notary cards of the director’s signature.