License for oil products retail/wholesale trade, their production and storage
Cost of services
Cost of services:
Reviews of our Clients
... our work on joint projects assured us of your high level of professionalism
What we offer
- We consult market entities on the matters of the licensing of operations with oil products, including analysis of documents the entity has (for example, documents of property, designated use, etc.);
- We consult on situations when it is possible not to get a license for fuel sale;
- We get permission for hazardous works (or operation of machines) for any business connected with production or storage of combustive and lubricating materials;
- We assist oil product manufacturers with search and registration of relations with the accredited testing laboratories (for defining the fuel quality factors);
- We perform the search of organizations for development and/or develop independently the technical conditions and technical documentation for fuel manufacturers;
- We help oil product manufacturers to find and formalize relationships with accredited testing laboratories (to determine fuel quality indicators)
- We help fuel producers to develop technical specifications and technical documentation;
- We organize cooperation with organizations to develop and/or personally develop technical specifications and technical documentation for fuel producers.
The list of necessary documents depends on the type of the license to be obtained. The above documents are required for all activities with fuels and lubricants (except wholesale trade without points of sale and storage of fuel for personal needs).
In addition, the producers of fuel must also provide the following documents:
- A copy of the constituent documents;
- Agreement with an accredited laboratory that performs analysis of full compliance with quality standards;
- Accreditation certificate of the laboratory, with a positive result of examination in accordance with the requirements of the Law;
- Certificate of production technology;
- Documents of technological character: regulations; technological instructions; standards;
- Technical specifications of fuel production.
In order to obtain a license for storage of fuel for personal needs and for wholesale of fuel without points of sale, you need only:
- Application for a license (prepared in any form);
- Payment of the official fee.
Service packages offers
- Consultation on licensing of petroleum products, including analysis of available documents (eg property documents, equipment, etc.)
- Written practical advice on doing business with fuel, namely: the rules of starting a business, obtaining permits, the requirements of tax law
- Legal opinion regarding your situation and the optimal algorithm of actions to resolve your issue
- Consulting support on the collection of documents for obtaining the appropriate license
- Preparation and submission of necessary documents to the licensing authority
- Monitoring the decision and preparation of details for payment
- Obtaining a paper confirmation of the license
- Development of the optimal business model of carrying out activities in the field of circulation of petroleum products with an explanation of their advantages and disadvantages in economic, legal, tax, corporate, licensing aspects
- Support for opening a turnkey business (registration of a business entity, obtaining a license for the relevant activity in the field of petroleum products)
- Obtaining permits for high-hazard work or operation of equipment
- Support of registration of relations with accredited testing laboratories (for determination of fuel quality indicators)
- Development of technical conditions and technical documentation for fuel producers
To determine the fuel license price, we need to understand:
- Type of activities to be licensed (wholesale/retail trade, production or storage of petroleum products)
- Workload assigned to our company’s lawyers by the Client
- Additional services (which do not directly affect the possibility of obtaining a license, but which make it impossible to operate in the petroleum products market), such as the registration in the Electronic Management System for Fuel Sales (EMSFS) and the Unified Register of Excise Tax Invoices (URETI)
It should also be taken into account that each type of license has its own peculiarities. Thus:
- Petroleum Retail License requires installing the payment transactions recorder and handling the related formalities.
- Petroleum Manufacturing License requires developing the technical regulations and conducting the laboratory tests by special institutions.
However, while the additional costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis, the official payments are fixed and amount to:
- for producers and legal entities engaged in storing fuel - 780 UAH/year;
- for retail traders - 2,000 UAH per year for each retail unit;
- for wholesale traders - 5,000 UAH per year for each wholesale unit;
- for wholesale traders that don’t have any wholesale units - 10,000 UAH/year.
It takes about a month to obtain a fuel license.
An introductory consultation is an analysis of your situation by a lawyer and recommendations for the optimal achievement of the goal. We will discuss your chances of obtaining a fuel license, find out what you want to achieve as a result, and consider the task from the point of view of achieving your goals, and not just obtaining a fuel license.
We are ready to help you!Contact us by mail [email protected] or by filling out the form:
Our successful projects
The law of Ukraine provides for serious penalties for unlicensed activity. Depending on the types of petroleum activities, they amount to:
- 1,000,000 UAH for fuel producers;
- 500,000 UAH for whole traders and legal entities engaged in storing fuel;
- 250,000 for retail traders.
Answers to frequently asked questions
The purpose of the land plot does not matter for obtaining the license. It used to be a prerequisite for obtaining the license, but this requirement was abolished more than a year ago. However, taking into account all the requirements for construction and equipment, the land plot must have a special purpose.
The license is issued for the period of five (5) years. However, unlike many other types of licenses, the official state fee shall be paid annually.
The license for production, retail and wholesale of petroleum products covers also activities related to the petroleum storage, so there is no need to obtain a special license.
These measuring devices shall be installed in excise fuel warehouses. They are not directly related to obtaining a license, however, volumeters are required to carry out economic activities in the petroleum industry, except as otherwise provided by the law.
It depends on the type of the license. To obtain a license for the production of fuel, you must contact the State Tax Service of Ukraine. To obtain a license for storage, retail or wholesale trade in fuel, you must contact the territorial bodies of the State Tax Service of Ukraine at the place of storage / trade of fuel.
The legislation provides that the decision to issue/reject the Fuel License shall be made within 20 calendar days from the date of submission of the documents for the Fuel License. In practice, within 18-26 calendar days an applicant appears in the Register of Licensees (which gives the right to carry out activities), and a paper license is obtained in a few days after its registration in the Register.
Things you need to know before obtaining the license for retail/wholesale of petroleum products
In addition to the licensing of petroleum product operations, the legislation establishes the basis for the System of Electronic Administration of Fuel Sales (SEAFS), which provides as follows:
- obligatory registration of a business entity as an excise tax payer and opening of an electronic account;
- inclusion of excise warehouses in the relevant register and submission of reports.
In addition, one of the requirements that business entities must comply with is the installation of flow meters and / or level meters,which must be registered with the State Tax Service.
Failure to comply with the requirements will result in the following fine:
- UAH 20,000 for each unequipped tank / filling place or unregistered level meter;
- UAH 50,000 for similar violations committed within 1 year.
There are also penalties provided for the failure to submit electronic documents on the level meter indicators.
Obtaining a license to trade in petroleum products or to order a license clearance with our lawyersLicensing services are one of our main areas of expertise. And we pride ourselves on our experience as well as the results in this area.
It is difficult to tot up the exact number of licenses that were obtained with our assistance in different industries. But each case allowed us to gain invaluable experience, which we are willing to use for meeting your targets.
Cooperation with our company will allow you:
- To clearly understand the whole process. We are not trying to hide or confuse you in the process. During a pre-work consultations, we provide you with all the information on the process and the possible options for carrying out the task. Moreover, you can find and use a lot of helpful information and tips on our website.
- To keep track of the situation. Our Client Manager will keep you in the loop about any update 24/7. You’ll need to look or call around for your manager.
- To achieve positive results in the most efficient way.
If you would like to know more about a license to trade in petroleum products or to order a license clearance service - give us a call!