Changes at a charitable fund in Ukraine
Cost of services
Cost of services:
Reviews of our Clients
What we offer
- consult on changes to the charter of charitable foundation, registration of change of the head of charitable organization, change of address and members, as well as other changes;
- in case when the foundation was registered prior to January 2013 we bring the charter’s terminology into compliance with the terminology of the new law on charity, remove restrictions related to the territory of organization's activities, modify the provisions of the charters (and charitable programs) pursuant to the requirements to the income that is exempted from taxation, we draft up and include to the charter all provisions that have become obligatory since 2013;
- develop the structure of the charitable foundation management bodies, which meets the requirements of the Customers and the law;
- provide state registration of a new version of the charter or any other changes in the foundation;
- consult the charitable organization as to how carry out their activity so that in the future there will be no problems neither for the donators nor for the beneficiaries, or for the charitable organization itself;
- prepare the documents necessary for registration of changes and support the registration process on a turnkey basis.
Documents required for state registration of changes in a charitable foundation
The package of documents for changes in registration information or in the charter of a charitable foundation depends on the essence of these changes.
In most cases the preparation of minutes of the general meeting of members of foundation, which is made by our lawyers, is obligatory. In order to prepare the minutes we need to have the code of a charitable organization, full data of the founders who leave the foundation and those who enter in it (in the case of founders change), the new director of the foundation, if he is changed, the new address, and so on.
In case of a change of the founders of the foundation or the provisions of its charter, our lawyers also prepare a new version of the charter of the charity foundation. The notarial statements from the participants of the foundation who leave it will also be required in the first case. Such a statement can be notarized by any notary according to the sample provided by our specialists, or by our notary during the signing of main package of documents.
Term and cost of registration of changes to the foundation charter
The cost of changes registration in a charitable foundation does not include official payments, which amount to UAH 210.
There are no notarial expenditures associated with making changes to the charter of charitable organization, as the minutes and the charter of the organization are not notarized.
Time to completion - 2 working days from the receipt of all necessary documents.
Obligatory amendments to the charters of existing charitable foundations registered prior to 2013 are stipulated by the current Law of Ukraine “On charitable activities and charitable organizations” and by the Tax Code of Ukraine.
We are ready to help you!
Contact us by mail [email protected], by phone number +38 044 499 47 99or by filling out the form:
Our successful projects
Many Ukrainian charitable organizations may be interested in adding words “international” and “all-Ukrainian” to its name.
Answers to frequently asked questions
The analogy with company registration does not work in this matter. The Profile Law provides an exception for charitable organizations and contains a rule that their documents are not subject to mandatory notarization.
Changes in the provisions relating to non-profit organization status took place in 2013 and 2015. If Your foundation is registered before 2013, the need to change the charter is not in doubt. In other cases, we carry out a preliminary study of the current charter.
State registration of new version of charter of charity
Regulations on charitable organizations were significantly amended:
- a new Law of Ukraine "On charitable activities and charitable organizations" entered into force in 2013 and changed requirements that are set for charters of charities;
- the Tax Code of Ukraine provided new definitions of sources of income that are exempted from taxation (in particular Article 157 of the Tax Code).
- in this regard as of today charters of majority of charitable organizations in Ukraine are not in compliance with the requirements of legislation.
- switching to a new version of charter of organization is a crucial step for all charitable foundations in Ukraine that will help to remove limitations in regard to territory of activities; to include provisions about sources of income for them to comply with tax legislation; to bring provisions of the charter in compliance with the new law on charities.
If you require new version of charter or simply have some questions - contact us.