Foundation of the Department of Access to medical on the basis of our firm
Mass media highlighted foundation of the Department of Access to the medical services and control of unfair advertising by All-Ukrainian Council for Patients’ Rights and Safety on the basis of our firm. Volodymyr Gurlov, director of law firm “Pravova Dopomoga” has been chosen as the head of the Department.
Electronic sources which contain information about foundation of the Department include Pravotoday, Medik, META and other websites.
Text from Pravotoday web portal (translation):
On the 7th of March 2012 All-Ukrainian Council for Patients’ Rights and Safety (hereinafter the Council) held a meeting that was dedicated to discussion of negative tendencies which could be observed in the field of medical and prophylactic products advertising.
Majority of participants supported the idea that in order to increase Council activity in the field of control of unfair advertising a separate Department had to be formed. This initiative was supported by the Presidium of the Council and personally by the President of All-Ukrainian Council for Patients’ Rights and Safety Viktor Serdyuk.
Participants decided that the Department of Access to medical treatment and control of unfair advertising (hereinafter – the Department) should be founded on the basis of law firm “Pravova Dopomoga” which is a member of the Council. Volodymyr Gurlov was appointed as the head of the Department.
Election of Volodymyr Gurlov as the head of the Department and use of resources of law firm that is managed by him will allow to organize work related to access to medical treatment and control of unfair advertising on highly professional level.
The founded Department will deal with:
- Processing of individuals’ complaints against unfair advertising of medical and prophylactic products and their legal formalizing in order to protect violated rights of citizens and patients;
- Development of bills that will facilitate opposition against unfair advertising in the medical field;
- Representation of Council position during readings of bills that regulate advertising in the medical field, at public hearings and meetings of committees;
- Monitoring and preparation of analytical materials that will highlight the situation in Ukraine which is related to legislation violation in medical field;
- Interaction between the Council and state bodies on the issues of opposition against unfair advertising of medical and prophylactic products.