Departure to a permanent place of residence
Cost of services
Cost of services:
Reviews of our Clients
... our work on joint projects assured us of your high level of professionalism
What we offer
Advise on the procedure of leaving Ukraine for permanent residence, give a full understanding of the procedure to be followed abroad, help with the execution of necessary documents in Ukraine;
Review the Client’s documents and information for departure for leaving Ukraine permanent residence;
Prepare the list of documents required for obtaining permission to move to another country for permanent residence;
Submit the application and the package of documents together with the Client to the Migration Service authorities;
Obtain the passport of the person wishing to leave the country with a mark “permanent residence abroad”.
In order to move to another country for permanent residence, the Client must provide us with the following documents:
Passport of a citizen of Ukraine;
Passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad;
Photos (4 pcs);
Certificate of residence registration;
Power of attorney from applicant for our lawyers;
For persons liable for military service - military card, certificate of de-registration from the military register or registration certificate of a person liable for military service.
Package of documents may also differ depending on the Client’s status and grounds for departure. For example, if a child is leaving for a permanent residence, then in addition to the above list of documents you must provide the child’s birth certificate, application of the other parent, the child’s statement of consent for departure (from 7 to 16 years).
Service packages offers
- analysis of documents available to the Client
- explanation of the procedure for leaving for residence in another country (preparation, receiving a service, completing the procedure)
- we advise on problematic points and possible reasons for refusal, work out and minimize risks
- preparation of a complete package of documents for submission to the Migration Service, including applications
- accompany the Client to the Migration Service (if necessary)
- after receiving the decision, provide legal support regarding the completion of the procedure and affixing a stamp on departure to a permanent place of residence abroad in the passport document (including deregistration of the place of residence)
- analysis of documents available to the Client
- clarification of the procedure for leaving for residence in another country (preparation, receiving services, completion of the procedure) for the client and his family, including minor children
- we advise on problematic points and possible reasons for refusal, we work out and minimize risks, we detail issues regarding minor children
- preparation of a complete package of documents for submission to the Migration Service, including draft documents, consents, statements
- accompany the Client to the Migration Service (if necessary)
- after receiving the decision, we provide legal support regarding the completion of the procedure and the affixing of a stamp on departure to a permanent residence abroad in the passport document (including deregistration of the residence)
- if necessary - organization of consular registration and relinquishment of Ukrainian citizenship
- Determination of the purposes of opening an account abroad (to receive payments for services, to purchase real estate)
- Advising on the advantages and disadvantages of an account abroad, as well as the obligations that it imposes (whether it is necessary to declare in Ukraine, restrictions on actions with an account)
- Assistance with the choice of a foreign bank / payment system, if the client has already decided on the jurisdiction
- Preparation of a complete package of documents for client
- Assistance with the preparation of documents on the source of origin of funds of an individual, as well as with the “history” of the source of funds
- Translations, notarization and apostille of documents on an individual for a bank
- Filling out bank forms
- Communication with the bank
- Accompanying the client identification procedure at the bank (in the case of a video conference) or organizing a personal meeting with the banker, preparatory work before the meeting
- Analysis of the client's goals and business model to determine the criteria for choosing one or another jurisdiction for business relocation
- Providing an overview of the investment attractiveness of different countries and tax costs in a particular country, focusing on the wishes of the client
- We will consider the advantages and disadvantages of countries where it is possible not to pay taxes at all (a priori); where you can not pay taxes under certain conditions; and also where you can pay low tax rates (compared to Ukraine)
- Providing recommendations for the client regarding the optimal jurisdictions for business relocation
- taxation of company profits in a new jurisdiction, as well as filing financial statements (on income tax, VAT, etc.)
- ways of financing a foreign company
- “minimum economic presence” in the country of incorporation of the company
- taxation on repatriation of profits: tax on repatriation at the level of the jurisdiction paying income, etc.
- the need to declare the profits of foreign companies in Ukraine and pay tax on their profits in Ukraine (under the law on CFC), through the prism of the client's situation
- opening bank accounts (overview of applicable KYC procedures and difficulties that may arise in connection with the citizenship of the beneficiary, the source of funds, etc.)
- selection of the optimal jurisdiction for business relocation, taking into account the wishes of the client
- advising on taxation and other nuances for doing business in another jurisdiction
- assistance with company registration, tax registration, opening a bank account and bookkeeping (bookkeeping, payroll, VAT returns)
- assistance with the appointment of a director and the relocation/recruitment of employees
- execution of all necessary documents (including legalization of status in the EU, obtaining a residence permit with the right to work, etc.)
- assistance with finding and renting an office; negotiations with the landlord in order to secure the most favorable conditions for the client
- assistance with the development of business contracts in accordance with local legislation
- household planning transactions (for possible tax consequences, etc.).
The price of legal services for leaving Ukraine for permanent residence will depend on the amount of legal services needed by the Client (for example, whether preparation of documents or support in the bodies of the State Migration Service will be necessary). You can learn about price from the service packages on the service page or from our specialists.
The state service fee is about UAH 200.
The period of obtaining the permit to leave for permanent residence in practice is 4 months following the date of document submission.
Personal Relocation from Ukraine
Today a large number of Ukrainian citizens choose to move to other countries for a variety of reasons. A personal relocation is a person moving from one country to another, with a change of country of their personal interests. You may be moving for another job, or for personal reasons, such as marriage.
But the main problem is that when you move from one country to another you either have to finish all your business and activities in Ukraine, which will take time and patience and start from scratch in a new country, or organize your life so as to conduct activities in both countries. First of all it concerns the organization of taxation systems, if you continue to receive income in Ukraine and rely on the income in the new country of residence.
Even after moving to a new country for a short time (say you are not getting permanent residence, but are considering a temporary residence), you will still have to pay taxes in it, if:
you stay in the country for more than 183 days per year;
the country becomes your new center of life interest.
These are the two most common criteria for determining whether you owe taxes in a country - but each country can set its own criteria that will determine you as a tax resident.
If a person is recognized as a tax resident in, say, Poland, then he will have an obligation to declare in Poland and pay income received from all over the world (not just in Poland). Including those received in Ukraine.
Our company offers the following services for personal relocation:
determination of the tax residency of an individual: determining the number of ties with Ukraine and the country of residence (presence of real estate, movable property, family, registration, etc.);
determination of types of income which an individual receives in Ukraine and abroad;
identification of risks that entails a change of tax residency, their minimization.
If you want to move to another country and not to worry about possible penalties and problems with the tax authorities in both countries - contact us.
We will also help you to properly end all relations with the tax authorities in Ukraine, if you are leaving for a permanent residence and are planning to close your previous activities in Ukraine.
Legal consultation on departure from Ukraine for permanent residence
Our lawyers can offer you advice on your future plans and opportunities of leaving Ukraine for permanent residence in the country of your choice.
If you just want to understand what the procedure will look like, what documents you will have to prepare, and how long it will take in your case - contact us for a personal consultation with a migration lawyer.
The cost of the legal consultation on departure from Ukraine for permanent residence starts from UAH 3,000. When ordering any of the service packages, the consultation is included in its price.
Please note! We provide full legal support services for leaving for permanent residence abroad only in the city Kyiv, in all other regions we prepare the necessary package of documents and organize a meeting of the Client at the Migration Service. You can contact our lawyers in any way convenient for you.
You don’t need to come to our office - we can do all the work remotely. This, first of all, saves you energy and time.
We can also help with obtaining other permits, such as Temporary and Permanent Residence Permits in Ukraine.
We are ready to help you!Contact us by mail [email protected] or by filling out the form:
When leaving for permanent residence, a person must check out of the place of registration and notify the Administrative Services Center of his/her intentions to leave. In addition, when leaving for permanent residence, a citizen of Ukraine must submit his military card.
By applying to our lawyers, you will:
Know exactly what awaits you abroad, and will be able to follow the right path to obtain a permanent residence permit in the country of your interest;
Leave the country with a full package of documents;
You will not waste your time and nerves on finding the right committees and getting additional certificates - we will do it for you;
Get answers to your questions about the process of leaving for permanent residence.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Yes, you can apply both to the SMS and the Ukrainian Embassy/Consulate, the only difference is that the Consulate requires a larger package of documents and the registration takes much longer.
No, you don’t need to give up your passport as a citizen of Ukraine. The fact is that you remain a citizen of Ukraine, it is just a departure for permanent residence in another state.
How to leave Ukraine for permanent residence in Poland, Germany, Canada or any other country of your choice?
In order to officially reside abroad, you need to obtain a permit to leave for permanent residence in Ukraine. That is, the passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad must have a stamp “permanent residence” with the indication of the country of residence.
To obtain the permit, you must first take a certain number of steps:
First, one must apply to the territorial office of the State Migration Service of Ukraine at the place of registration on the territory of Ukraine with the corresponding application;
Obtain the permit;
Hand in the internal passport (it is given back afterwards);
Check-out from the last place of residence on the territory of Ukraine;
Get the mark “PERMANENT RESIDENCE” in the passport of a citizen of Ukraine.
If you already reside abroad, you can apply with such an application to the relevant consular office of Ukraine. Note that the period of consideration of the application filed in Ukraine is up to 3 months, and abroad this procedure through a consular office lasts about 12 months. In order to apply for permanent residence abroad through a consular office, you must have a passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad, valid for at least one year from the date of such application.
You should also take into account that if you get married outside of the territory of Ukraine and change your surname, you must, in accordance with the provisions of the Family Code of Ukraine, change your passport within one month. In this case you must first change the national passport with the territorial office of the State Migration Service of Ukraine, and then on the basis of the new national passport you’ll get a passport for traveling abroad.
When ordering our legal services for departure for permanent residence, you can be sure that you will get the result, without spending extra time, effort and money.