How to organize a New Year's fair in Ukraine? Legal aspects
The New Year’s fair is a great opportunity for the organizers and manufacturers of various types of products to get long shillings in a short span of time. However, organization of fairs is a challenging and time-consuming process that requires a number of permits and legal actions.
You should start preparing for the New Year’s Fair several months in advance of the planned event. The procedure involves a large number of stages, steps and possible delays and therefore you should have enough time to get prepared for the dates you need.
Which state authority is responsible for organizing New Year’s Fairs?
According to the Law of Ukraine “On Local Self-Government in Ukraine”, organization of local markets and fairs shall be regulated by the executive authorities of local councils.
Therefore, in order to hold a fair, it is necessary to obtain a decision of the executive committee of the local council on the approval of the organization of a holiday with the right to involve business entities (fair participants) in a certain period of time and on a certain territory.
As a rule, approval to hold fairs is granted without the right to sell alcohol and low-alcohol beverages. However, the sale of table wines is allowed. Therefore, at winter fairs, apart from coffee and tea, it is permitted to sell hot mulled wine.
The organizer of the New Year’s Fair is obliged
- To install temporary installations in accordance with a scheme agreed with the local council authority responsible for town planning. It is usually the Department of Urban Development and Architecture.
According to the Procedure for Placement of Temporary Installations, these installations shall be installed on the basis of the design certificate. In order to obtain it, the applicant shall submit the following documents to the abovementioned Department of Urban Development and Architecture:
- Colour sketches of facades made by a licensed specialist or a certified architect;
- The layout of temporary installations;
- An improvement scheme of the surrounding area;
- Engineering specifications.
The local planning authority is entitled to process the documents within ten business days.
- To ensure protection of public order during the fair;
- To ensure fire safety (and obtain relevant documents from firefighters);
- To ensure removal of solid domestic waste during the fair. For this purpose, it is necessary to conclude an agreement with an enterprise engaged in waste removal;
- To ensure compliance with sanitary standards and cleaning of the territory where the fair is held. To ensure cleaning of the territory, it is necessary to conclude an agreement with companies that provide cleaning services.
- To install and dismantle temporary installations.
In addition, in accordance with paragraph 5 of the Concept of Exhibition and Fair Activity Development, the organizers are obliged to:
- provide fair participants with exhibition equipment;
- provide fair participants with water supply and telephone services.
It should also be remembered that during the fair, the organisers shall ensure the availability of:
- participants’ registration documents;
- signs with information about participants;
- sellers’ health books.
Thus, the agreement concluded by and between the organiser and the fair participant plays an important role. It can be drafted in accordance with all legal requirements and separately contain the obligations of the fair participants in order to facilitate your organizational burden.
You may also like: Law Firm Or In-House Lawyer? What Are The Advantages Of Legal Outsourcing?
The process of organizing the New Year’s Fair requires a thorough preliminary preparation, as the local government sets certain deadlines for the submission and consideration of applications. Moreover, the state authority has its own criteria for selecting those who will receive a permit. This means that your application must not only stick out of others, but also be legally impeccable.
If you want to organize a New Year’s Fair, make an early start and contact us. We will help you to conclude all necessary agreements and prepare a full set of documents for submission to the state authority.